Since my childhood days to this very present and to the future, learning a new language has always been a passion of mine and Japanese is my favourite among all the languages. So, as a person who lives in İstanbul, Turkey it’s not easy to find a Japanese course considering there is only one in Istanbul which is Japon Kültür in Taksim. Before I attended that course, as a child I was looking for apps to learn Japanese on my device then I found Busuu. But, what is Busuu?
Busuu is an application and a web-site in which you can practice your target language in an easy way. But how is this possible and why Busuu?
- Busuu teaches you by using chunks which are easy to learn therefore boosts motivation of the beginners.
- Busuu presents new words with images, a great assistance for people who have an ease on graphical-learning.
- Busuu has voiced dialogues which are meant to support your target subjects on your course. Although they are not very authentic, they can be used for improving your listening skills.
- Busuu has a social platform integrated in it which allows users to be friends with each other and communicate for their language learning goals.
- Busuu also allows you to correct other people’s mistakes and errors which eventually forms a friendly environment for everyone.
- Busuu has short quizzes which are not really hard and if you complete them well, you will be rewarded with berries for positive feedback.
- Busuu also tracks your progression.
- On mobile platforms you can download the courses and continue your studies anywhere and on desktop you could just download PDF files of the chapters and print them.
I still remember my first teaching experience, I taught basic Japanese at my school with the help of Busuu 🙂
Thank you for leaving your time and reading!